Ruby/PhP Server / Backend Engineer
The largest independent Mobile Casino games developer is looking for a talented Ruby on Rails or PhP developer to join our agile and talented team. We serve millions of players across multiple ROR applications and also write and maintain services to scale our games and take them to the next level. The ideal candidate would have at least 2+ years of experience working with Restful APIs and scaling Web Applications, with a passion for learning
- Write maintainable, scalable server code.
- Modify and extend our backend systems and technologies depending on business requirements
- Develop server side implementation of game features
- Work side by side with our Games client side team to test / develop features
- Work with Customer Support and Product departments in order to debug / fix production issues
- Work with QA department to address bugs and implementations of tools for testing
- Implement instrumentation of our different External and Internal Services
- 3+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails (Ruby), Laravel (PHP)
- Strong Knowledge of Software Design and Architecture Best Practices
- Experience writing RESTful services or APIs
- Strong knowledge and experience writing scalable SQL queries
- Basic to Intermediate experience deploying applications using:
– Custom Capistrano Recipes
- Proven experience dealing with scaling issues at different infrastructure levels:
– Application code
– Server infrastructure / resources
- Experience using source control (Git, SVN or Mercurial)
- Feels comfortable working in teams and is not afraid to ask questions
- Ability to communicate technical issues to a non technical audience
- Fast learner
Bonus (desirable to have but not required):
- (Huge Plus) Proven experience setting up and tuning the following technologies:
– Apache + Phusion Passenger
- Familiarity with Sidekiq, Delayed Jobs, Resque or similar technologies
- Experience using Nginx
- Familiarity with Monit and Nagios
- Experience with any NoSQL database
- Basic C# knowledge
- Usage of Ant, Maven or similar technologies
$90,000 – $150,000
Super Lucky Casino is the largest independent developer of social casino games in the world. We’re profitable and growing quickly. We produce some of the most fun and successful social casino apps on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon!
We work as a team. Everyone helps everyone. Everyone is a teacher. Everyone is a student. Overall, our goal is to make our team better at what we do.
This position is full-time with some schedule flexibility. We offer market-competitive compensation, full benefits, 401K, and PTO. We encourage personal growth and provide everyone an opportunity to grow in whichever direction they are most interested!
Recruiters of any sort are NOT welcome to contact us about filling our open positions.
-Email email@example.com with “Server / Backend Engineer Role” (your last name) in the subject line
-Attach your resume in PDF format
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org